Contribution of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam to the science is immense. Known as the Missile Man of India, his significant accomplishments as an author, scientist, and in the field of aerospace are popular across the world. He is looked upon as a role model by many and his struggle and hard work inspire youth even today. He is also known as the People’s President and is remembered as a champion of the poor. He often spoke his mind and offered students and youth valuable advice and quotes in his speeches.
Dr. Abdul Kalam built a large following throughout his career due to his simple lifestyle, significant achievements and thoughtful quotes. He started his career as a scientist, and later turned to politics, and eventually became the 11th President of the country. His tenure as President was from 2002 to 2007.
He passed away unexpectedly after his term as Indian president from a heart attack while giving a lecture in Shillong.
Dr. Abdul Kalam was incomparable and will always be remembered as an inspirational person. His inspirational and memorable quotes still loiter and inspire the youth of the country to implement it in their lives.
Below are some quotes from one of the greatest minds the world has ever seen, Dr. Abdul Kalam
1. “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.”
2. “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”
3. “Without your involvement you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail. ”
4. “Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident”
5. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough”
6. “End is not the end, if fact E.N.D. means “Effort Never Dies”
7. “Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.”
8. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
9. “It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone”
10. “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.”
11. “All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds.”
12. “For me, there are two types of people: the young and the experienced”
13. “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.”
14. “Dream, Dream Dream, Dreams transform into thoughts. And thoughts result in action”
15. “If you want to shine like a sun. First burn like a sun.”
Dr. Abdul Kalam was fond of writing and wrote several books throughout his life. He also penned several poems and songs. Below is the list of books authored by him that you must read.
1. Developments in Fluid Mechanics and Space Technology
2. Inspiring Thoughts
3. Children Ask Kalam
4. India 2020: A vision for the New Millennium
5. Guiding Souls
6. Envisioning an Empowered Nation
7. Ignited Minds: Unleashing the Power Within India
8. Mission India
9. The Luminous Sparks
10. Indomitable Spirit
11. The Life Tree
12. My Journey
If poetry is your first love in the realm of literature, read some masterpieces penned by Dr. Kalam
1. Soaring Dreams
2. My dear Soldiers
3. The Vision
4. Rock Walls
6. Where are we?
7. I am the Indian Ocean
8. My Garden Smiles
9. The Life Treez
10. Phoenix of Life