Government jobs in India are always in demand. Now, the notification for NVS TGT/PGT 2016 has been released by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) on its official website http://nvshq.org/. The total number of positions in various departments of NVS for the year 2016 are 2072. A total of about 589 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are across India that provide quality education to rural children.
Candidates seeking a career in teaching must apply for NVS jobs. Candidates can find the detailed notification on the official website of NVS.
In this article, we will be NVS recruitment exams eligibility, exam pattern, and selection procedure.
- Age Limit: The age limit is different for different positions.
- 35 to 45 years for position of Principal
- 40 years for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher)
- 45 years for Assistant Commissioner
- 35 years for TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher), and all other posts
Check your age limit, and apply for the appropriate position.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have earned a degree from a recognized university with atleast 50% marks. However, the educational qualification criteria varies for positions.
Let’s have a look educational qualification required for different posts:
- Master’s Degree in Humanities/Commerce/Science with minimum 5 Years’ Experience.
- Master Degree with atleast 50% Marks and B.Ed. Degree with Currently Working in Intermediate College or as Vice Principal or must have 12 Years of Experience.
- Must have done four years integrated course from NCERT’s Regional College of Education in concerned subject with atleast 50% marks, or
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 55% marks in relevant combination of subjects and should be a B.Ed.
- Candidate should be CBSE-CTET qualified and required to have proficiency in teaching in Hindi/English.
- M.Sc/ PG from NCERT’s Regional College of Education in the concerned subject with atleast 50% marks, or
- Master’s Degree and B.Ed with atleast 55% marks in relevant Subject.
- Candidate are required be proficient in teaching in both Hindi and English Language.
TGT (Third Language)
- Four years integrated course from NCERT’s Regional College of Education in the relevant subject with minimum 50% marks, or
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 55% marks in concerned language Subject and must be a B.Ed.
Candidate should have proficiency in teaching in both Hindi and English Language and should have qualified CBSE-conducted CTET.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Library science/ Physical Education for the position of PET or librarians.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of Hindi and other regional languages.
- For the position of Music/Art teacher, candidates are required to have passed secondary examination and must have a five years Diploma or post-graduation in any discipline of fine arts such as crafts, painting, graphic arts, drawing, graphic arts, or sculpture.
So, apply to the position that matches your age and educational qualification.
Click Here For Application Form
- Two level exam: Written Exam and Interview.
- Candidates who score above cut off marks in the written examination are shortlisted for interview.
- Final selection of candidates is done on the basis of candidate’s performance in both the written examination and the personal interview.
- Selections for TGTs, TGTs (Third Language), and Music/Art, PET, and Library Science Positions are done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written exam. Interview is not a part of selection for these posts.
1. Written Examination
For the positions of PGTs, TGTs, TGTs (Third Language)
- For the positions of PGTs, TGTs, TGTs (Third Language) candidates need to clear a written exam of 200 marks. The difficulty level of the exam differs based on the post applied for.
- In the written exam, 20 marks are allocated for each General English and Hindi, 20 marks for teaching aptitude, 30 marks for General Awareness, 30 marks for numerical reasoning and general Intelligence, and 80 marks for concerned subject knowledge.
- The exam duration is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
For the positions of Assistant Commissioner and Principal
- Written exam of 180 marks, consisting of 180 questions of one mark each.
The exam duration is 3 hours.
- For both the positions, exam includes 20 reasoning ability questions, 40 general awareness questions, 40 questions to test candidate’s language skills (General English/Hindi), 20 quantitative aptitude questions.
- For assistant Commissioner Position the exam includes 60 questions related to Educational Planning and Administration.
- For the position of Principal the exam includes 60 questions related to Administrative and Financial rules of Government of India
Candidates need to prepare according to the distribution of marks, because by doing so they will be able to score well, which in turn will increase their chances of getting shortlisted for interview.
Candidates are eligible for interview, based on their performance in the written exam, and are called based on the number of vacancies available.
Tips to crack Interview
- Research about the government departments
- Know your job responsibilities and duties
- Gain maximum knowledge about the position you have applied for
- Give mock interviews
- Prepare yourself psychologically for any kind of group discussion or debate
- Be confident
- Dress well
Move ahead with self-confidence and you will succeed! Good Luck!